Stone Academy has allocated a Chromebook to you so that you are able to participate in virtual and online classes, as well as complete your work virtually from anywhere you may be.
Please note that this device is property of Stone Academy and the system is managed by the school. The setup of the device was created in order to utilize important programs and apps that you need to complete your studies.
Connecting your Chromebook to the Internet
- At the bottom right, select the time.
- Select Not Connected .
Note: If you see your Wi-Fi network name and a signal strength, your Chromebook is already connected to Wi-Fi.
- Turn on Wi-Fi.
- Your Chromebook will automatically look for available networks and show them to you in a list.
- Select your network, enter the appropriate password if required, click “Connect”
For more specific details, please click to view this Google support article on connecting to a WiFi network.
Logging into your Chromebook
In order to log into your Chromebook, you will use your Stone Academy Email and the device password provided to you when you received the device.
Note: the @student.stone.edu is already typed in for you!
Your Stone Academy email has the format of YourFirstNameYourLastName@student.stone.edu
Accessing your Email on the Chromebook
- Click on the Outlook Icon on the bottom Chromebook bar:
- The Chrome browser will open. Click “Sign in” in the upper right corner.
- Enter your Stone Academy email address and password.
Note: If it prompts you to provide a personal email and a phone number, please do so. This will allow you to re-set your Outlook password without needing to contact IT.
If you are expecting an email, but it has not arrived, please make sure to check the “other” folder in your inbox.
Accessing Canvas on the Chromebook
For the best experience, please use the Chrome browser to access Canvas
- Click on the Google Chrome Icon.
- Type in the URL: https://stoneacademy.instructure.com
- Use your Stone Academy email address (ending in @student.stone.edu) and your password.
If you do not have your password for Canvas, you can reset your password by clicking “Forgot Password” and entering your Stone Academy Email.
Creating, Saving, and Uploading Documents to Canvas
There are multiple ways to work with documents in Canvas. You have access to both Microsoft 365 with Word and you can also utilize the extensions in your browser to submit your work.
In the following video, we will download a document for an assignment, finish working on that assignment, and will upload that document for submission.