Why become a Medical Office Professional at Stone Academy?
- Flexible Schedules – Day or evening classes available
- No Out of Pocket Expense for Credential Exam – Includes the Certified Medical Administrative Specialist (CMAS) exam administered by the American Medical Technologists (AMT)
- Real World Experience – All students practice their skills in active medical practices
- Job Placement Assistance – Career Services Managers provide students with job opportunities and assist in developing résumés
- Financial Aid Available* – Title IV grants and loans are available to those who qualify
- Institutional Accreditation – Accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES)
Click Here to Request More Information
Students attending the Medical Office Professional program will find that they are qualified to work in a number of health environments. This includes all of the essential workings of a medical or dental office including advanced medical insurance billing and coding, maintenance of electronic medical records, patient scheduling, telephone techniques and the utilization of electronic health records systems to enter data and generate reports. Furthermore, students will be versed in dental terminology, charting and procedures which will enable graduates to find careers in dental practices.
While the majority of their education will focus upon developing the administrative functions necessary for running a private practice, students will also be exposed to basic clinical office procedures. This improves their future communication with medical professionals they will work with in their position as a medical office professional.
Students are trained over the course of 10 months before spending two months at an externship site. This 240-hour, graded, externship provides students the opportunity to take the hands-on skills they acquire within their program and demonstrate them at an active medical practice. This will allow them to come out of the Medical Office Professional program with on-the-job experience.
Graduates of this program have found careers at hospitals, walk-in clinics, long-term care facilities, private practices, dental practices and many other health facilities.
Medical Office Professional GE Data