Why become a Dental Assistant at Stone Academy?
- Flexible Schedules – Day or evening classes available
- No Out of Pocket Expense for Credential Exam – Includes the Dental National Board Exam for Radiology (DANB-RHS)
- Real World Experience – All students practice their skills in general and specialty dental offices
- Job Placement Assistance – Placement Managers provide students with job opportunities and assist in developing résumés
- Financial Aid Available* – Title IV grants and loans are available to those who qualify
- Programmatic Accreditation – Accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES)
Click Here to Request More Information
Dental Assistant Program Overview
Dental Assistants are one of the most versatile members of a dental team. This versatility stems from their training in both dental office administrative functions and clinical procedures. Dental assistants are trained to assist in general dentistry procedures as well as across multiple dental specialties such as endodontics, oral and maxillofacial surgery, and prosthodontics. Students will develop a mastery of skills related to this occupation by attending and participating in a well rounded combination of lecture, laboratory, and clinical instruction.
Students also receive training in functions concerning the administrative responsibilities that are a part of a dental practice’s day-to-day operation. Included in the program, students are introduced to HIPAA laws and other critical concepts involved with patient confidentiality, professional liability, medical ethics, and various medical practice acts.
The Dental Assistant training program begins on campus for 10 months; then students are placed in a dental externship site for two months. This 300-hour, graded, externship provides students with the opportunity to take the hands-on skills they acquire within their program and demonstrate them at an active dental practice. The on-the-job skills build self confidence and the required proficiencies that will be used following graduation on this valuable career path.