Enroll in Our Patient Care Specialist Classes
Become a Patient Care Specialist
What is a Patient Care Specialist?
A Patient Care Specialist is more than your everyday Certified Nurse’s Aide. While this is a component of the training, students will learn a range of skills and concepts that will integrate them as a highly qualified members of the medical team in both long-term care facilities and hospitals.
What are the job opportunities for graduates?
- 10% Projected Job Growth from 2014-2024 for CNA’s and Home Health Aides*
- 1,042 Annual Openings for CNA’s and Home Health Aides*
- $32,519 – Average Annual Salary for Nurse’s Aides in CT
Why become an Advanced CNA at Stone Academy?
- Financial Aid Available* – Most Students Pay Less Than $150
- Job Placement Assistance for All Graduates – Over 400 Graduates Placed since 2010
- Every Graduate’s CNA Certification Exam is Paid By Stone Academy
- Be More Than a CNA – Graduates Earn a Home Health Aide Certificate
- Flexible Day or Evening Schedules
*For Those Who Qualify
Click Here to request more information
Patient Care Specialists are in high demand across the healthcare industry, especially as the population of the country ages and becomes more health conscious. While the course of study will include CNA classes that will provide students with the opportunity to gain their CNA certification, there are additional skills that will develop the student into a Patient Care Associate. These skills include training in phlebotomy, EKG, CPR, First Aid and the utilization of their hands-on skills in a home care setting. In addition to their hands-on training, students will gain non-clinical knowledge that will attribute to a more conscientious level of care from our graduates in the field. This includes dealing with people of different cultures and patients with specific diseases including dementia, Alzheimer’s, cancer and HIV/AIDS. Students will also receive training in medical terminology, anatomy and physiology as well as foundational coursework in math and English. Student’s training includes a clinical experience that allows them to the demonstrate skills acquired in class, in an active medical practice. Graduates earn a Home Health Aide Certificate and are eligible to sit for the State of Connecticut CNA certification exam. These credentials, along with the advanced PCS training, set our students apart from other applicants when entering the workforce. Patient Care Specialist GE Data